Blog Posts

Monday, June 16, 2014

SimpleClear 1.1.2.4

Hopefully with this update I will finally nail down all faults of the one click mode.

This is another struggle with Chrome's asynchronous API.

Looking back for the early versions the data removing methods link to the next one via their callbacks but somehow caused the popup to freeze. Then recently I separated the data removing methods to run in parallel and also added some loading graphics, no more freeze.

But it seems like some of the data are not cleared. I released that the chrome.browsingData method don't like running in parallel. So I made them run one after another again but with a different method. And it seems to work ok on my side.

Hope this will solve the problems that users Vinnie M. and Anthony Huynh are facing. Also thanks to their reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment