Blog Posts

Friday, March 4, 2016

SimpleUndoClose 1.3.5.2 & SimpleUndoRecents 1.0.1.4

Another maintenance update.

Triggered by the need to fix the badge that was not updated when the tab list is cleared. Apparently the method didn't address the scenario where the tab list is empty, added it in and its fixed. (Or perhaps I removed that in a previous update.) Anyway thanks to XEOxXTH for first reporting it.

Somehow fixing that bug got me to tinker with the double click code too. Messed around it for one night but my methods gave inconsistent results. So I went to Google and found a nice double click listener. Its consistent BUT as my extensions use the event page they get unloaded from memory after some idle time SO usually the first double click try won't work but it will wake up the background page and it will work on the next try (activate wait as bit then double click).

Ok, the both the new and old double click code don't work on Opera 35. Perhaps Opera changed the Chromium code?

I could make the extension stay in memory all the time Chrome is running but I don't want that. But that stands in the way of a perfect double click function :P (On the other hand if I make it persistent then maybe there will be people that will complain.)

Also I should have fixed the "phantom" next page problem in SimpleUndoRecents.


No comments:

Post a Comment